Michelob ULTRA’s integrated Super Bowl campaign took over not just the Super Bowl, but the entire Super Bowl weekend. The goal was to use the Super Bowl as a platform to demonstrate Michelob ULTRA’s POV, “It’s Only Worth It If You Enjoy It,” on a national stage, and to reinforce the brand’s stance on gender equality in sports. Further establishing ULTRA’s presence in key drinking occasions (like relaxing together and watching sports), and in urban centers like Los Angeles.
Michelob ULTRA wanted to create a :60 second Super Bowl spot that brought to life the filmic vision of “Superior Bowl”, a fictional world inspired by bowling cult classics, The Big Lebowski and Kingpin.
Our Superior Bowl campaign kicked off a collection of work showcasing the best athletes finding joy in their journey. Whether it was past NBA legends putting in some legendary dance moves at a 90’s barcade, or fan-favorite Jimmy Butler singing karaoke on his plane ride home after a game.
And all of this, is just the start as we aim to reframe the journey, and the joy it can bring, on a pedestal just as deserving as any trophy, medal, or record. Reminding the world, IT’S ONLY WORTH IT IF YOU ENJOY IT.
Our integrated campaign approach of owning both not just the Super Bowl, but the entire weekend, led us to generate 3.8 billion impressions, become the second most searched ad on Google during the game, trend four times nationally on twitter, and become the best performing Michelob ULTRA ad ever—all while hero-ing gender equality at the highest levels.
- Earned 4.04B impressions, 3,987 stories, 98% key message inclusion, and 100% positive + neutral sentiment.
- Fast Company awarded ‘Superior Bowl’ the Number 2 of 5 Best Ads
- ULTRA was the highest ranked A-B commercial according to Ad Meter at #12
- 30+ media attended the in person event and raved about the experience of getting to watch Team Peyton v. Team Watt compete in a charity bowling match.
- “Superior Bowl” drove 88K mentions, achieving 103% of the set target and becoming ULTRA’s #2 most-mentioned Super Bowl campaign of all time!