RHC Founder Rachel Harrison recognized the early impact of COVID-19 on the hotel industry. In the span of just a few weeks as the pandemic took hold across the world - and the U.S. - Rachel realized that the hospitality industry would be faced with an insurmountable challenge. With the goal to support hoteliers and everyone working in the hospitality industry around the world, the agency developed an initiative: Buy Now, Stay Later. The program enables travel enthusiasts to purchase hotel bonds for future stays at partner properties, generating revenue now for hotels when they need it most all while creating value for travelers planning future trips. With travel bans in place and many hotels in need of cash flow, RHC recognized a gap in the market for a platform that would benefit both consumers and hoteliers. By structuring the initiative like U.S. treasury bonds that mature in value over time, consumers are incentivized to purchase hotel stays now that can be redeemed when travel bans are lifted.
• RHC developed the concept for the initiative and drafted message points and supporting messaging / FAQs
• RHC collaborated with website partner, ELMNTL to design and launch a user-friendly site that connects consumers directly with hotels to purchase bonds.
• Within the span of two weeks, RHC confirmed and listed 300+ hotel partners on the website
• RHC pitched the launch of Buy Now, Stay Later to global media outlets
• RHC coordinated numerous interviews with media ensuring early success of the initiative to quickly
drive sales of bonds for hotels across the world
Since March of 2020, the Buy Now, Stay Later initiative has quickly become a win-win for both hotels and their future guests:
• 200k visitors were connected directly to the participating hotel properties to purchase bonds.
• Preliminary data from many partner hotels reported that thousands of bonds were sold.
• NYC & Company, New York City’s official marketing, tourism and partnership organization, promoted the program to member hotels
• Media coverage included print, online and broadcast placements in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fathom, Travel + Leisure,Washington Post, Condé Nast Traveler, CBS Chicago, Departures, and Boston Globe.
Fill out the form below and we'll work on connecting you to the entry creator!