We share guides to the world's best destinations, ideas for home craft and holiday shopping, and everything you need to live a happier, simpler, and more sustainable life.
As a new online source of travel, food, and craft, we rely heavily on Google and other search engines to drive traffic to our site.
Some of our strategies include:
- Launched a faceted navigation that lets readers search travel destinations and guides using filters like “best time to visit,” “located in,” “great for,” “cost,” and more. This is the first time such a feature has been used in publishing.
- Leverage original illustrations and photographies instead of stock photos to tell stories.
- We include tips in our articles based on the most recent research and regulations to help people stay sustainable while they travel.
- Regularly review our content to ensure information is accurate so that readers can get the same experience as they would pre-pandemic.
- To remain competitive as a newcomer, we have created unique formats like grouping long-form content by geographies, types, and genres or using a transparent grading system to rank recommended venues on best-ofs.
- Each piece takes 15 to 25 hours of researching, editing, fact-checking, and adding references and visuals.
MarcoFeng.com is now one of the top travel sites, with more than 3 million readers annually, answering over 60,000 questions on travel, food, and crafts. Also, users really engage with our content, thanks to unique features like interactive maps, faceted navigation, and original illustrations of a children's storybook style. Previously, the readers would stay for 32 seconds, but now they spend more than 5 minutes on the page (the industry benchmark is 52 seconds). Our content has been referenced 35,700 times in total from other sites on the internet.
You can find out more about the founder and our work here.
How an SEO Guru Turned His Passion into a Trusted Travel
Passion and Innovation: How Marco Gained Millions of Readers in One Year
This New Travel Publisher Becomes the First to Adapt Faceted Navigation for Content Discovery
This Digital Publisher Is the First to Invest in Illustrations for Organic Search
MarcoFeng, the Global Travel Publisher, Announces 200% Growth in Views per Visit During FY22