• Drive consumer awareness and consideration of Lagavulin throughout the holiday season
• Spark social conversation and engagement by leveraging talent and culturally relevant content
• Support sales during a key selling window
After last year's "Yule Log" sparked viral media acclaim, "New Year's Eve" was a natural extension of the ongoing "My Tales of Whisky" video series. Few actors could make staring into the camera for over an hour engaging, let alone feel like a treat, but the team determined that Nick Offerman ringing in the new year as only he can would captivate consumers across the country and have them sipping whisky alongside him.
To reignite the cultural conversation surrounding Lagavulin, Nick Offerman appeared as a guest on Conan, where he shared a clip from "Yule Log" and teased the upcoming release of "New Year's Eve." To drive consumer awareness, the team secured an exclusive with Entertainment Weekly, who released a teaser clip of "New Year's Eve" on their website and linked to the full-length version on Lagavulin's YouTube page. Once the exclusive expired, the team conducted media outreach to general, lifestyle and entertainment media.
"New Year's Eve" and related content, including memes, was featured across Lagavulin's social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter). The video was promoted on ReserveBar's gifting website, driving content to commerce by providing a direct opportunity for consumers to purchase/gift Lagavulin, and VinePair also featured the full-length version of "New Year's Eve" on their Facebook page.
• "New Year's Eve" garnered over 400 media and social placements nationally, generating over 506 Million earned media impressions
• Top Placements include: YouTube, Hollywood Reporter, AdWeek, Uproxx, The A.V. Club, Esquire, Eater, Popular Mechanics and Yahoo
• Featured on the TODAY show the day before New Year's Eve
• Peaked at #2 on Creativity's Top 20 Ads list
• 100% positive sentiment in all placements
• In response to the positive social chatter, the team created a 10-hour loop of the original video for easy streaming during at-home holiday gatherings and larger parties at bars & restaurants
• "New Year's Eve" received over 442K total views
• Views on YouTube: 286K
• Views on Facebook: 148K
• Views on Instagram: 8K
Fill out the form below and we'll work on connecting you to the entry creator!