JBL is the Official Sound of the NBA and typically signs a few of the key Draft players to be a part of #TeamJBL. The main goal was to increase awareness of the partnership & drive cultural relevancy for JBL within NBA culture. Additionally, the content needed to increase social engagement for JBL and ultimately drive sales of JBL headphones and portables.Finally, the creative had to deliver on the brand's NBA platform, "Made For the Biggest Stage".
The rookies at the Draft have spent their lives dreaming of one moment: hearing their name read by the Commissioner at the NBA Draft. Getting drafted is the ultimate validation that they were born to play on biggest stage.
Our players' commitment to excelling at every facet of the game embodies JBL's approach to developing state-of-the-art audio products. Both are worthy of the biggest stage because both JBL & our NBA players have earned it by constantly proving themselves with performance. And at the heart of those performances is music.
Music inspires these players to perform at the absolute highest level.
"Made For the Biggest Stage" celebrates the unique parallels between JBL and the NBA.JBL built branded content around what the NBA Draftees would wear when they stepped onto the biggest stage for the NBA Draft. Fans were able to follow the contest using #JBLDraftSuit and were able to vote for the suits they liked best from the videos. Snapchat Filters were created to support the campaign at the draft and at JBL-sponsored draft parties at the Harman Store and Lucky Strike.
Bespoke content creation + seamless, well-coordinated influencer & channel activations generated standout results and cultural impact against the 2016 JBL NBA Draft campaign.
• Through the use of JBL owned content, influencers, Snapchat, and the Vine Booth, the NBA Draft campaign generated +565M Impressions, +2.1M Engagements, and +31K Mentions.
• JBL owned content - #JBLXNBA and #JBLDraftSuit –performed extraordinarily well, drawing +20M impressions and +1.1M Engagements.
• The NBA, JBL player partners and influencers performed 15% better than last year in terms of Engagements, drawing +244K Engagements.
• The introduction of Snapchat showed a tremendous opportunity for social growth. The Live Story Ads performed extremely well drawing nearly + 4.8 M Live Story Ad views and the Geo-targeting filters generated nearly 1K uses and +899K views.
#JBLDraftSuit resonated with our audience by celebrating the excitement of these players getting drafted and tapping into a culturally relevant passion point – NBA Fashion:
• +1.2M Views of the #JBLDraftSuit video - :30 & long form video
• +7.9M Impressions
• +4.8M Views of the #JBLDraftSuit Live Story ads on Snapchat
Our DRAFT day activations helped convey excitement and provide exclusive access to our fans.
• The JBL/NBA Vine booth generated +12M impressions and +19K social engagements
• Our Live Story ads on Snapchat garnered +4.8M views• The custom Snapchat filter at Barclay's was viewed +874K times