BarkBox is the monthly subscription box for dogs. Each month you receive a handpicked selection of high quality dog products --from toys and innovative gadgets to gourmet treats, bones, hygiene products and essentials.
Part of the Bark & Co. family, BarkBox initially focuses on a subscription based e-commerce system to make all dogs healthy and happy. Each box is carefully curated by our team of toy and treat scouts. Every product that goes in a BarkBox has been personally approved by one of our own pups.
Our main ambition is to make all dogs healthy, happy, and safe. In a result, we support this cause by donating 10% of our profits to shelters and rescue organizations all over the US and Canada along with any opportunities for investments to solve the problem of homeless dogs and more. Through the help of our subscribers, 800 pups were rescued through these profit donations and a total of $150,000 was donated in 2013!
The ruling factor that comes to play for these remarkable contributions is social media. Everything that happens on BarkBox social media channels is all from the power of BarkBox itself. Without much effort put in, BarkBox is inherently social that our customers are faster to share their BarkBox than we are. We see the anticipation from our subscribers through how quickly they take pictures and post it all over social media. Some of our leading subscribers are Tuna (tunameltsmyheart), Marnie (marniethedog), and Barkley Sir Charles (barkleysircharles).
- Our Instagram page renders our brand image not only posting about BarkBox but mostly appreciating our ultimate clients, dogs. With 488k followers, we do our best to select the best dog photos on Instagram to share with our followers. This channel also uncovers the playful and enjoyable environment of BarkBox and how fun everything is meant to be.
- BarkBox's Facebook follows the similar technique as our Instagram page. However, the Facebook page provides more information through blog posts from BarkPost- our very own dog editorial branch from the Bark & Co. Family. It only made sense for us to constantly keep the pups and parents updated with canine news and entertainment to save them from the long and excruciating "BarkBox" wait every month. With over half a million followers, we take the lead to target the most through this page. This page also allows followers to interact with each other and us in any comments or feedback they have. We love how our followers liberally interact with one another through this page bringing one unified environment for all the dog lovers to enjoy. This is the key social channel we take advantage of to improve BarkBox and spread awareness to all the dog-lovers.
- Twitter keeps the subscribers and dog lovers busy with hourly content from BarkPost and photos from the web. With over 16,000 followers and 6,500 favorites, Twitter fans love this page for the fun and entertaining material they can easily access all day long. This page targets those who are more comfortable using Twitter than other social media channels because it is very similar with Facebook.
- Our Youtube community seems to have grown through our pup-scribers by a huge amount. It is easy to access an un-boxing of a BarkBox all through the enthusiasm from our subscribers sharing with the media. Without our input in anything, subscribers share in depth detail about the products and their personal comments on everything about the box from how quickly it shipped, the products, presentation of the box, and if their pups enjoyed it or not.
- Pinterest is the ultimate place for the lazy ones. BarkPost and BarkBox manage the Pinterest page to organize everything for the dog lovers in one place. With over 10,000 followers and 2,500 pins, our boards range from dog couture to pup comics. Pinterest itself is already awesome and it really broadens how we represent ourselves simply through inspirations.
- PuppyFeed is the expansion of the overwhelming amount of social media BarkBox receives all organized in an impeccable way. PuppyFeed compiles all the photos hash-tagged with #barkbox onto this platform to display everything connected with BarkBox. BarkBuzz, is made specifically to present the pup-scriber enjoying their BarkBox, with all photos coming from the PuppyFeed. Through BarkBuzz, we are able to follow the excitement and joy that our pup subscribers get out of their BarkBox. Many of them share with #barkbox to get featured on the BarkBuzz feed on barkbox.com to represent the joy that we could never explain.
Video for BarkBox