Our goal was to leverage artistic content creators, an Instagram influencer, blogs, and USA Today pre-roll video ads to deliver engaging, sales-driven content - some of which was produced using the new Gear360 camera. Our main KPI was Gear 360 sales.
- Count down the days to the Gear 360 launch, driving traffic to Verizon's product detail page by activating a national promotion of 'Buy GS8 or GS8+ and get Gear 360 for $49'.
- Tease the promotion with 8-12 exciting countdown montages and animated messages featured across platforms that set the internet abuzz and intrigue consumers.
- Work with Instagram influencers to produce unique countdown videos and slideshows that help build the anticipation. Supply some with Gear 360 cameras so that they are able to film their countdown/content. Posts had to include some type of promotional language and CTA (Buy GS8 or GS8+ and get Gear 360 for $49) and link to Gear 360 product detail page on Verizon.com.
- Identify the right Social Media personalities that leverage their reach by sharing original content.
- Renny (@Renny): Lead Instagram Influencer for campaign (1.4m Followers) Instagram star that posts relatable comedy videos
- Identify an Influencer that has a true impact within the millennial community
- Not just someone with lots of followers and good engagement
- Direct the Influencer to create branded content that is organic in nature and appealing to his/her audience.
- Give the Influencer (@Renny) complete creative control. He knows his audience.
- Include a link that exists in the Influencer's bio and 'My Story' posts that sends traffic to the landing page where the product can be purchased.
- 10 Other Content Creators' Instagram channels (1m reach)
- Partner publishers were directed to amplify Influencer and Content Creator activity, driving broad awareness of the new Gear 360 launch via exclusive editorial content and 360 advertising units.
- Exclusive editorial content on coolhunting.com (9.3M reach) - Editorial written about new Gear 360 – 5/24
- Advertising Units on USAToday.com (6.7M reach)
- 360 Video pre-roll run of site – 5/25 – 5/26
- 360 video in-article units run of site – 5/25 – 5/26
- 360 Homepage Takeover (frame + 300x250 companion banner) – 5/26
- Guide the consumer towards purchase by reinforcing awareness, creating organic buzz and providing an online experience.
- 2 days prior (may 23)
Release a few multi-media countdowns from content creators on their respective Instagram channels
- 1 DAY prior (May 24)PR editorial announcement (coolhunting.com)Release a few multi-media countdowns from content creators on their respective Instagram channels.
- DAY of (May 25)Cross-platform (desktop, tablet, mobile) in-article and pre-roll units across entire site (usatoday.com)Lead Influencer (@Renny) CTA on his Instagram channel
- POST LAUNCH (May 26)Website homepage takeover (usatoday.com)Feature 360 videos online via FB darks postsLead Influencer CTA on his/her social channel
- Delivered 15+ Million Impressions with a 30% average engagement rate
- Delivered click thrus significantly above benchmark
- Sold-out new Gear 360 as result of campaign efforts
- Garnered earned media with DigiDay
Lead Influencer Performance -
1,209,502 Total Impressions
47,600 Total Likes
2,397 Total Post Saves
52,600 Total Engagements
932 Clicks to PDP
The Samsung Gear 360 was sold out within 48 hours of Renny's post.
Comments Like "Most straight up and humurous ad ever," "Best Ad I've ever seen," "Best Samsung Ad ever," "I love Samsung! Way to go #Samsung360Gear," etc.
Video for Samsung Gear 360 Launch