At Harry's, we celebrate individuality because we believe the future is brighter when each of us has the freedom to be our true selves. And as a company that reaches more than 5 million customers, we have the ability to communicate this message to people all across the country. This year, we committed to using our platform to elevate and amplify unique voices from across the LGBTQ+ community during Pride month to get behind a cause that matters to us and our customers.
In addition to showcasing our progressive values by giving love to and supporting those in the LGBTQ+ community, our goal was to give back by selling our limited edition Shave with Pride Set and donating 100% of the profits to LGBTQ+ organizations.
To spark a dialogue about what it means to be confidently and unapologetically yourself, Harry's set out to create storytelling content to amplify voices we admire and help support our LGBTQ+ nonprofit partners by donating 100% of profits (a total of $130,000) from our limited edition Shave with Pride Set.
We asked one simple question: "How do you identify yourself?" In doing so, a true snapshot of individuality was revealed, giving Harry's the opportunity to spur discussions about identity, while demonstrating how modern brands can and should take an authentic, all-in approach to support causes they care about.
In order to tell these stories, we launched a multi-touchpoint movement that we called, "Shave with Pride."
Social Campaign + Harry's Pride Content
- We partnered with Sarah Deragon of The Identity Project to help us capture the powerful content she is known for under the lens of "self-defined identity."
- We asked several dynamic, high-profile individuals we admire in the LGBTQ+ community—including Jonathan Van Ness (Netflix's Queer Eye), Darnell Moore (Writer/Activist), Charlie Carver (Actor), and Angelica Ross (Actress and Trans Rights Activist)—to participate by answering one straightforward question, "How do you identify yourself?" No labels. No expectations.
- What we got back was a wealth of content that revealed a snapshot of what true individuality looks like, which we used to spark dialogue among the Harry's community about what it means to truly be yourself.
- These incredible messages of selfhood provided the foundation of our "Shave with Pride" campaign and were featured throughout all of our multi-platform channels and touchpoints to further elevate LGBTQ+ voices and nonprofits.
- Their videos and stories were collected together at harrys.com/pride. Longer-form articles and videos that explore the faces of the campaign in more detail could be found on Harry's editorial platform, Five O'Clock (harrys.com/fiveoclock).
Union Square Takeover
- In the heart of the NYC Pride Parade route, Harry's launched a Union Square subway station takeover to unveil "Shave with Pride" visuals of our notable partners and their messages of individuality and acceptance across the metro hub.
- The takeover included "selfie stations" for commuters on their way to Pride celebrations to post their own identifiers with colorful backdrops and ran through July 11.
Shave With Pride Set
- To further reinforce our commitment to the cause, Harry's offered an exclusive limited edition Shave with Pride Set where 100% of proceeds were donated to GLAAD and other LGBTQ+ nonprofit causes chosen by each of our "Shave with Pride" partners.
- Each limited edition shave set included a one-of-a-kind Winston razor handle packaged in bold, colorful boxes inspired by Pride month and designed by LGBTQ+ artists and allies, Craig & Karl.
- The sets were sold for $25 and were available for purchase on harrys.com and at Target and Walmart throughout the month of June.
- Harry's limited edition Shave with Pride set sold out
- We donated 100% of the profits from our Shave with Pride set to LGBTQ+ organizations, totaling $130,000
- We brought to light 13 candid stories about pride and identity
- We elevated the platforms of GLAAD and LGBTQ+ nonprofit partners through engaging impactful voices across the community
- Earned Media Results: Generated 32 placements and more than 142 million impressions to spread the word about the "Shave with Pride" campaign and the Shave With Pride set
- Social Media Results: Harry's "Shave with Pride" content caused engagement on our owned channels to spike and increased our organic reach tremendously based on the number of people sharing the campaign images on their feed and stories. We had a 50% increase in social engagement and more than tripled our average monthly follower growth in June and July when we were promoting "Shave with Pride"