November 2021 marked twenty years since The Boy Who Lived made his on-screen debut in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. The film smashed box office records for highest-opening weekend ever and is today regarded as an iconic moment in movie history. Two decades later, Harry Potter has become a pop culture phenomenon and the film has since inspired millions of people across the world to fall in love with the magic of the wizarding world. In honor of the special anniversary, Warner Bros. Consumer Products produced stop-motion style digital content featuring licensed toy products with the objective of raising awareness and invite a new generation of fans into the franchise
- Create kid-targeted, product-focused content to support the toy business across multiple licensees and products with a key focus on Spin Master’s new toy line.
- Drive awareness and excitement for the brand & its existing products
- Continue to promote new Spin Master doll line by leveraging storytelling content formats
- Drive awareness and increase purchase intent with Millennial Fans and Parents.
- Support the greater franchise and finding ways to best complement key initiatives through digital content and social media.
To reach our target audiences, we developed a series of 14 Stop Motion videos shot-for-shot recreations of fan-favorite scenes from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
- TARGET AUDIENCES
- Hero Content Audience:
- Marketing Content Audience:
- Parents/purchasers with kids 5-11
- TARGET MARKETS
- Primary: English-speaking territories (North America -US and CAN)
- Secondary: UK, LATAM, APAC
- 8 Magical Movie Moments (Animation)
- 2 IRLs (Live Action)
- 1 Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s Stone 5 min
- 2 Trailers/BTS
- 30+ Social Assets
The viewership of season 1 of Harry Potter Magical Movie Moments surpassed expectations.
- Over 30M views to date across 14 videos, globally
- Magical Movie Moments has been seen around the world (LATAM, EMEA, NA) and soon we'll be launching a localized verisoon in APAC
- Highly efficient media (~$.02 CPV)
- Girl-skewing custom affinity (LOL Surprise, Barbie) drove 6x the impressions/views compared to boy-skewing custom affinity (Minecraft, LEGO) which delivered against our objectives to raise awareness with a new generation of fans, particularly girls, for the franchise and for the priority toy skus (Spin Master Magical Minis)
Coming off the success and learnigns of Season 1, we plan to expand our deliverables in Season 2 to
- 12 Stop Motion Moments + 3 Live Action/Stop Motion*
- 3 Trailers
- 1 EPIC
- 50 Digital Assets
*PLUS Localized versioning in select markets
Video for Harry Potter Magical Movie Moments