The Undertaker is one of the most legendary characters and performers in WWE history, who made his debut 30 years ago and has been a cornerstone of WWE programming ever sense. For his 30th anniversary, WWE celebrated The Undertaker by providing unique content across all of our digital and social media platforms, anchored by five in-depth documentary productions on our streaming service, WWE Network.
- Our WWE Network team produced five features celebrating various facets of The Undertaker’s career and impact: “Untold: The Phenom and The Legend Killer,” “Meeting The Undertaker,” “The Mortician: The Story of Paul Bearer,” “Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions: One More Round with The Undertaker” and “Brothers of Destruction.”
- An original photo shoot featuring our current and most popular WWE Superstars dressed in attire inspired by different eras of The Undertaker’s career captured our fans’ imagination on WWE.com, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter and Facebook.
- An Undertaker TikTok challenge engaged our fans as well as our talent in mimicking a signature Undertaker pose and catchphrase.
- On Instagram and Snapchat, WWE offered unique Undertaker lenses to allow our fans to become The Deadman and celebrate his various personas through the years.
- Daily videos on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok allowed our fans to relive classic Undertaker moments each day of the activation.
- A social media voting tournament allowed our fans to choose which bout would go down in history as the greatest Undertaker match of all time.
WWE’s team of digital, social and video producers collaborated to ensure that our fans found new and engaging Undertaker content that was optimized for their platform.
WWE’s digital team coordinated a daily slate of content and worked with our road producers to complement our historical content with original videos featuring our top modern stars and even The Undertaker himself.
Video for Undertaker's 30th Anniversary
- On YouTube, our 30 Days of The Undertaker videos account for more than 1.5 million hours watched.
- Our 30 Days of The Deadman campaign garnered 647.7 million impressions across our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels, which is 121.7 million higher than average.
- On Facebook, Undertaker clips accumulated 131.6 one-minute video views during the campaign, garnering a 182 percent increase from the previous period (beginning of October).
- On Snapchat, our Undertaker-themed WWE Top 10 episode received more than 9 million views, and time viewed on this episode doubled compared to our series average.