The second season of the Disney+ Original Series reunited fans with The Mandalorian and the Child as they continued their journey through the outer reaches of the galaxy. The digital marketing campaign presented a restrained, but impactful pulsed content rollout to eventize the season premiere and supplemental weekly episodes on a global scale.
Kicking off with the first teaser trailer, the digital campaign kept a global strategy in mind with flagship digital campaign beats included the following:
- Robust A/V and static content, including posters, teasers, trailers, featurettes, talent content and special looks at the upcoming season.
- Heart for Subscribe program on Twitter, allowing users to like a tweet to receive weekly tweet notifications when new episodes become available on Disney+
- Global Poster Series, featuring artists from eight markets around the world rallying around the mantra “This is the way” in local languages and creating art pieces reflecting local influence.
- Twitter emojis featuring key characters from the series that populated when tweeting with each character’s hashtag.
- Instagram Story stickers, including characters, title and text-based images for fans to use to celebrate the series.
- A Twitter animated like button featuring the Child, surprising and delighting fans who liked tweets on opening day that included #TheMandalorian
- A virtual premiere featuring fans, talent and a special performance conducted by Ludwig Göransson, celebrating the season premiere.
- Weekly poster series, introducing a new character each week following their appearance in the episode.
- Weekly, restrained recaps that highlighted the previous week’s episode to excite fans for a new installment each Friday.
- Weekly concept art, initially featured in the end credits of the series, debuted on social following each episode.
Social character recaps, revisiting the journey of each of the characters in the series following the season finale.
The campaign was an incredible success, with our @TheMandalorian social accounts doubling in size over the course of the season 2 campaign. The excitement for the series on social increased as well, with the series trending weekly on Twitter as each new episode debuted on Disney+.