The Camaro is the latest in the Hertz Rent-A-Racer campaign series where customers can drive close to what they see raced on the track. Getting behind the wheel a Camaro is a bucket-list moment for car enthusiasts, adrenaline junkies and NASCAR fans alike. Hertz wanted to raise awareness and increase reach by collaborating with Hendrick Motorsports (HMS) to create aspirational vehicles that deliver an enhanced driving experience for our customers tied to our best fleet ever. Hertz wanted to deliver a fully integrated brand campaign including the Ultimate Ride Sweepstakes to generate new leads to drive future rentals by giving away a Hertz-Hendrick Motorsports 2020 Camaro SS. Support Q4 Best Fleet Ever program with a Camaro Sweepstakes to capture new emails for continuous marketing and future revenue.
Win a limited-edition 2020 Chevy Camaro SS
- (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected out of 5 finalists during a Hertz-exclusive experience at Hendrick Motorsports, recorded and edited for amplification via PR and social channels
- (5) Finalists (+guest) will travel to Charlotte for a full-day Racing Experience, inclusive of behind-the-scenes access at HMS-HQ, lunch with the team, and a stockcar ride-along
- Customers will register on Hertz.com and earn entries through various value-generating actions such as renting a car, joining GPR, (NEW) referring friends through social and email to register for the sweepstakes, and (NEW) burning points (100 pts/entry)
We focused on what worked from our Hertz Hawaiian Sweepstakes and optimized learnings to drive maximum value for the brand with emphasis on boosting and influencer strategy.
- Maximize boosting efforts with majority of budget allocated to this tactic
- Boosted 6 pieces of content and expanded audience halfway through campaign to match strategy for Paid Social efforts
- Leveraged our partners as influencers including HMS, William Byron, Chad Knaus, etc.
- Partner activation accounted for 2,152 net new emails, 15 GPR enrollments and $5.1k transacted revenue of total campaign results
- Tested whitelisting for $3k with William Byron post and CPL was not efficient compared to other tactics
- Compared to Hawaii sweeps, Camaro content and campaign was more relevant to Hertz’s target audience of “car enthusiasts”
- We attribute the increase in GPR enrollments and doubled transacted revenue from Hawaii to the relevancy of the campaign to our audience
- Streamlined our RTM strategy to incorporate feedback from Social Media Specialists
Hertz owned content for Camaro sweeps showed strong engagement rate of 10.9%, which is higher than our average between 4-5.5%.
This sweepstakes captured 51,115 new emails & 806 new Gold Plus Rewards enrollments.