Tinder's proprietary insights found that world travelers are more likely to be Swiped Right. Inspired by this finding, Delta and Tinder teamed up to give singles the opportunity to fake a trip until they make the trip, and to upgrade their Tinder profile pictures.
Our two goals included:
1. Drive Tinder users to take their photos in front of the Delta Dating Wall, a massive mural in Brooklyn created artist by Andrew Rae to depict nine destinations worldwide where Delta flies to directly from New York City.
2. Create a share-worthy moment that inspires singles to pursue their goals—a brand value that both Tinder and Delta share—all while giving Tinder users the chance to upgrade their profile pictures and get more Right Swipes.
Tinder's mission is to bring new discoveries from your phone into real life. Working with Delta, we inspired singles on the app to enjoy a share-worthy, real-life experience. Together, we drove awareness through media, created an in-person event activation, and facilitated a social media moment that went viral.
1. Tinder created a profile for Delta inviting users to check out the #DeltaDatingWall and strike a pose with a professional photographer on June 17.
2. Since Delta has 130+ flight destinations out of New York, the #DeltaDatingWall featured nine of the top destinations where Delta flies direct: Honolulu, Paris, LA, Pisa, London, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Moscow and Zurich. Singles lined up around the block to get their photos taken.
3. A short and eye-catching in-app video showed Tinder users how to lead a "jetsetter lifestyle" (or at least look like they do) by snapping a selfie in front of the #DeltaDatingWall. The video encouraged users to update their Tinder profiles with their new pics and book their next trip with Delta.
The results took us on a trip!
- Engagement Rate was 273% above average
- 25.8M press impressions including coverage from The Wall Street Journal, Travel + Leisure, Mashable, Bustle, AdWeek and Metro New York.
- Countless social impressions
- Named one of AdWeek's Best Campaigns of 2017