[email protected] was established as an organic social media campaign that aligns with the Mount Sinai Health System's U.S. News and World Report initiatives to demonstrate Mount Sinai's national clinical and research leadership. As the first health system to use Facebook Live, our goal was and continues to be, educating the public on health matters, news, innovation, and research.
Examples include raising awareness about diseases and medical conditions like Alzheimer's disease, inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, and childhood obesity. An additional goal is to highlight thought leadership across the Health System, including our President and CEO, Kenneth L. Davis, MD, who addresses subjects such as health care reform and, most recently, Puerto Rico's health care lessons in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
By raising awareness of diseases and conditions, we also showcase innovative technology being used at Mount Sinai to treat our patients, and highlight the latest in groundbreaking medical research taking place at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, all via Facebook Live. One of the very first Facebook Live video was of a robotic prostate surgery. [email protected] is not only used as an educational tool, but also to give Mount Sinai patients and employees a voice, allowing them to share their personal experiences at Mount Sinai.
[email protected] videos are pegged to trending health news, such as the latest health care reform legislation, and monthly health observances, like ovarian cancer awareness month.
1) Topic Selection: [email protected] videos are paired with trending health news, such as the latest health care reform legislation, and monthly health observances (e.g. Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month).
2) Expert and/or Patient Selection: We identify an expert and/or a patient to speak on the topic.
3) Promotional Graphics: Promotional graphics are designed and scaled to fit on various social media platform feeds, including Twitter and Instagram. Graphics indicate the time and subject matter of the broadcast.
4) Pre-Broadcast Promotion: Promotion kicks off a week before the video, across nine social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, all linking back to our Facebook page. All promotion is done organically.
5) Day of Broadcast: Minutes before the broadcast, reminder posts are published so that our multiple social media audiences know that the video will begin momentarily. During the live broadcast, photos are taken and posted on Twitter and Instagram to continuously promote the video. Promotion of the broadcast continues across our channels following the event.
Since the launch of [email protected] in 2016:
110 videos have been recorded on Facebook Live
544,448 organic video views
18,691 engagements (likes, reactions, shares, and comments)
1,244,188 people reached
"I am very grateful to Mount Sinai for the care provided to my husband and myself! Awesome, knowledgeable doctors!" - Gloria Harley
"God bless Mount Sinai. They saved my life. Twelve years a survivor." - Estina Robinson
"Keep up your great work !! Thank you for informing and giving info out on FaceBook!!" - Deborah Piraino-Harreguy
"Really like this educational talk. This is an extremely comprehensive talk. How do I make an appointment with you?" - Shaun Chandran
"So incredibly impressive and informative!!!!" - Carolyn Blank Morris
Fill out the form below and we'll work on connecting you to the entry creator!