In 2014 our LinkedIn mission was very simple: help our followers be better at what they do. This mission spanned across a number of demographics and professional life stages. From established CEO's, to recent College Grads seeking employment, and even our own internal team members.
In order to accomplish this mission we developed 4 key areas of focus:
1. Industry thought leadership: Leveraging our industry experts to create content that will assist professionals within those industries to make better informed decisions
2. Career advancement guidance: Largely curated content aimed to assist in professional progression
3. Professional inspiration: Showcase the work of those whose chosen profession is to make the world a better place
4. Team Member appreciation: Ensuring the hard work of our TM's is appreciated and that they get to share in our many 2014 accolades.
We knew that if we delivered these things in a timely, thoughtful, cohesive (not an easy task when you have 80+ different business lines) manner, and leveraged the unique features of the platform (organic targeting anyone?) we would ultimately be successful. We would define our success in 4 ways:
1. HR: the amount of new hires at Wells Fargo touched by LinkedIn
2. Brand: Basic KPI's including engagement rate, organic reach, company page visits and sentiment
3. Talent Brand: Talent Brand engagement/score. Engagement, reach, and sentiment of sponsored updates targeted solely to Team members
3. Company: New assets under management as a result of the LinkedIn introductions made by sales team members
Because we're amazing. If that doesn't suffice, in our first year, this is what we've achieved:
Just under 20% of our 12,000 new hires stemmed from LinkedIn activity decreasing costs related to hiring each new team member by 50%. On-boarded 150 recruiters to the platform who ensure all new openings are published via the platform.
Average monthly company page visits = 7,840. Total organic impressions = 17.5 MM. Average organic impressions: 84,700. Average organic engagement rate = 0.72% (industry ave = 0.33%). 62% positive sentiment, 8% negative - the lowest of any of our competitors.
3. Talent Brand:
Talent Brand score increased from 5% to 7%. Talent brand engagement increased from 330,000 to 580,000. 3 sponsored posts (9k total budget) targeted to team members achieved 420,000 impressions, 100% positive sentiment, and an average engagement rate of 1.8%, making the platform the most effective way to reach a large % of our 270,000+ team members.
Invested just under $1 million in on-boarding 93 Financial Advisors to LinkedIn as part of a sales pilot. The focus was on testing the platform as a viable way to drive business results. We totaled $21 MM in new assets under management as a result of their LinkedIn activity. We plan to expand the pilot to 1500 advisors this year.
LinkedIn Top 10 pages 2014
No.1 Power 100 Top Banks in Social Media 2014
2014 Global Finance Best in Social Media
Fill out the form below and we'll work on connecting you to the entry creator!