Ever wonder what your favorite players like to do off the field? If you've thought about what life is like inside an NFL training facility, Friday Challenge is the series for you. The social media team at the Minnesota Vikings has spent countless hours asking players to solve puzzles, sing songs and even go through a haunted corn maze. The crazy thing? They love to do it! The result is the Friday Challenge. Take a look at some of the best examples of this inexplicably awesome series.
* Create a personal connection to the players for audiences
* Make digestible content that didn't take itself too seriously
* Challenge players to think on their feet without utilizing football skills
* Provide situations that allow for natural reactions between players
* Bring the audience along on the journey of solving a problem or challenge between the players
* Leverage player interest in participating in an unscripted reaction series
* Utilize in-house social media production talent vs working with an outside agency
* When appropriate, collaborate with partnerships to include branded objects seamlessly into the series
The Friday Challenge is not only a player favorite, but a favorite amongst fans, as well. It stands apart from other social series in the sense that the product can be as creative as the team wants it to be. It has also produced significant "stars" who participate each week, allowing fans to root for someone as they watch. Through the social team's experience and learnings about the hobbies of each player, the product has evolved to keep those interests in mind (Alexander Mattison's passion for rapping/singing, etc.). In addition to the player buy-in and fan engagement wins, the series has generated impressive social media stats that indicate its on-going popularity.
In total, the Friday Challenge series has generated 13.45M video views, 201k interactions, 11.3M content impressions and boasts a .23% engagement rate across all platforms.
Fill out the form below and we'll work on connecting you to the entry creator!