Create the organization’s first video brand anthem to connect new audiences, in English and Spanish, to the organization’s mission of freeing innocent people from prison in the United States. Since 1992, the Innocence Project has helped free over 200 innocent people from prison and passed dozens of legal reforms to prevent future injustice.
- Feature three distinct stories — Rosa Jimenez, Huwe Burton, and Termaine Hicks— impacted by wrongful convictions and weave them into one powerful narrative about the U.S.’s broken legal system.
- Used photos and footage of Innocence Project clients and their families, to give a glimpse into the intergenerational and familial impact of wrongful incarceration and the joy that comes from regaining one’s freedom. This made it relatable to people who had not thought about wrongful conviction.
- Used the recognizable voice of Dascha Polanco from Orange is the New Black and When They See Us — two important media pieces on mass incarceration and wrongful conviction. Dascha is a Native Spanish Speaker and Dominican-American who narrated the project in both Spanish and English.
- Cut four different versions of the video for native and ad production.
- Ad spend on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit
Happiest Moments" ran between July 1st, 2021 and November 29th, 2021, and overall gained 7.2M impressions and continues to be an evergreen spot used for ads, events, and educational purposes. On Facebook and Instagram, the campaign had 1.2M video views, reached 2.1M people, and drove 6M impressions. YouTube drove 500k video views and 1M impressions. Campaigns were also run on Reddit and Twitter which added another 200k impressions.
Video for Happiest Moments