Campaign Objective: Olympics as the focal point, weave about the communication strategy to increase awareness, engagement and strengthen the connection of Bridgestone as the Worldwide Olympic Partner.
Market Insight: Cricket is a highly cherished sport in India and with a loyal band of devoted followers. It accumulates the maximum eyeballs both for international and local tournaments. The players are worshiped and command a huge share of voice on the internet whenever they perform
Market Challenge: With Indian athletes participating in Olympics 2020, we wanted to ensure their hard work and participation were acknowledged by our cricket-crazed country. However, When it is sports in India, it is the game of cricket that garners the highest viewership and commands a huge share of voice on the internet Every other sport has to compete hard with it to gather a similar magnitude of cheers, attention, or support
Many brands would be bidding for the same keywords especially with Olympic and Cricket seasons as the prime events
With Bridgestone India as one of the prime and proud sponsors of Olympics 2020, we wanted to establish a strong recall between the highly cherished sporting event and the organization. And, with the same intent “Chase Your Dreams” was coined.
A 360-degree digital campaign aimed at reaching out to the billion cricket fans in India and urging them to acknowledge the journey of every Indian sportsperson, just like the cricketers representing the country. We crafted an integrated Marketing Communication strategy that stoked touchpoints- video, augmented reality, media interventions,tech interventions,celebrity push, offline and online engagements all of which came together to form a narrative that resounded all the way to Tokyo 2020 Olympic games.
Demographics: We targeted 2 tier and 1 tier 20 top cities, India Psychographics: Sports, Automobiles, Adventure Sports, Financial Apps/Websites, News & Information
The three legs of the campaign: 1. Awareness: Campaign Launch 2. Amplification & Engagement : Micro campaigns which supported with message promotion 3. Recall: Strategies to maintain the campaign recall and exit strategy
1. Awareness: Campaign Launch
#Chase Your Dreams – Branded Films The “Chase Your Dream” film marked the launch of the campaign and it introduced our Brand Ambassador - P.V. Sindhu, Mary Kom, Sakshi Malik & Kidambi Srikanth. The motive was to draw parallels between the Olympic athletes and cricketers; that the determination, dedication, and hard work they put into their respective sports remain the same. The thematic film was followed by a series of 4 films commemorating the struggles of Indian athletes; represented by our 4 Brand Ambassadors.
The campaign also witnessed Sudhir Kumar, India’s biggest cricket fan, who came on board to drive the message home and inspire other cricket enthusiasts via a dedicated film. #Spread the Cheer - A Dedicated Microsite to collect wishes from the whole of India.
The engagement was driven by Chase Your Dreams Microsite which encouraged visitors to share their wishes live with the Brand Ambassadors. The site garnered a total of 1,103,269 reach, 1.5 lacs + cheers & wishes, and more than 500 Chase your Dream inspirational stories by people.
#Engagement via Digital and Media Interventions:
1. Audio engagement with Alexa. “Khel Quiz” - First in the Category campaign initiated quizzes based on Olympic trivia on Alexa and connected Devices
2. AR Filter akin to Sudhir Kumar’ face paint was created and people were encouraged to record cheers for the Indian contingents
3. Leveraging the cricketing season of Ind vs SL series and being visible to cricket fans. Ads were strategically placed during live cricket matches (Ind vs SL) & the opening ceremony of the Olympics on Sony Liv
4. Targeted over 200+ keywords on Google to reach Olympics, cricket, cricketers, Indian athletes, Ex-Olympians, inspiring keywords
5. We used custom innovation & impact-display properties on Inshorts, TOI network, ET, Business Standard, Indian Express, Brave, etc. with video & gamified ads
6. First ever Tyre Brand to Advertise on FIRE TV Connected TV Ads to capitalize Large Screen Video Viewing
7. Tied up with Toofan movie release & targeted Prime & Netflix platform users through Dentsu DMC platform & Amazon DSP for sports enthusiasts Influencers and Ex-Olympians: Ranvijay, Mayanti, Mahesh Bhupati, Prithvi Shaw, Vijendra shared our message to their followers to support Athletes in chasing their dreams.
Impact: Reach - 166 MN The campaign reached 30% of the total digital audience in the country
Reach in Top 20 Cities – 60% Digital Penetration in Top 20 cities – 90% Views- 76.4 MN Overall VTR – 33% (Benchmark 25-30% for creative >1min) Live Sport Inventory also helped in higher completion rate
We witnessed a completion rate of 89% against the platform benchmark of 80-85%
Engagement- 40 MN, 80% of the engagement was achieved from the Top 20 Cities
The inclusion of data platforms like ZAPR also help in driving engagement among the relevant audiences.
The overall ER was 25% for the campaign compared to a benchmark of 20%
Clicks- 2.7 MN Overall, the CTR for the campaign was 0.7% which is higher than the benchmark of (0.5%-0.6%)
Website Visits- 1.1 MN, The campaign garnered a 40% Click To Visit ratio
The avg. benchmark is 30-35% on other campaigns.
The campaign has won “Global Marketing Excellence Awards” in the four categories: 1. Marketing Campaign of the Year 2. Best use of Digital 3. Best Use of Celebrity /influencer 4. Best integrated campaign CMO Asia Awards for:
Fill out the form below and we'll work on connecting you to the entry creator!