In 2018, Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate (BHGRE®) refreshed their consumer-facing lifestyle campaign. It not only needed to be emotional and evergreen, but also inclusive of all diversity groups. By leading with the headline "Starts with a Home", the brand can make a connection with the reader and reinforce the trust and legacy the Better Homes & Gardens name can provide when buying or selling a home.
The campaign objectives were:
- Increase brand awareness & reach
- Increase fan-base on social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Increase total engagements across all consumer social platforms for the duration of campaign
To achieve all the objectives above, we implemented the following tactics to support our strategy:
- We ran full page national print ads in Meredith publications including Better Homes & Gardens®, Eating Well, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Parents magazine.
- We leveraged social media in the form of cover photos, organic & paid promotional posts, and sweepstakes shared across multiple platforms inclusive of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- We created customizable advertising materials (print, digital, radio, and TV) for franchisee usage in local markets
The results from the campaign led to an increase in brand reach, fanbase, email subscribers, and engagements.
1.Increased brand reach:
ESTIMATED COMBINED PRINT REACH: 561MM (46.75MM /monthly)
- Eating Well – 7.2MM Readers x 3 ads = 21.6
- Better Homes & Gardens® - 40MM Readers x 12 ads = 480
- Martha Stewart Weddings – 8MM x 3 ads = 24
- Parents – 11.8MM x 3 ads = 35.4
2.Increased followers on consumer-facing social media platforms:
- Facebook: (5.2% increase vs. 294,728) 309,956
- Twitter: (4.5% increase vs. 44,616) 46,637
- Instagram: (1095.5% increase vs. 4,859) 58,090
3.Increased reach and engagements across all social media platforms for duration of campaign:
Video for Starts with a Home
- 2018 Reach: 17,293,333 (vs. 16,207,102 in 2017, a 7% increase)
- 2018 Engagements: 1,111,526 (vs. 1,071,853 in 2017, a 4% increase)