MGM Resorts International launched a first-ever weekly Facebook video series that provided an insider's look at sports betting in Las Vegas. @beatingthebook podcast host Gill Alexander and MGM Resorts Vice President of Race & Sports Jay Rood came together each week for 22 weeks and chatted betting lines, sports news updates and "bookie" lingo to help educate current and future guests of sports betting on the Vegas Strip while sharing a few laughs.
- Increase awareness and drive foot traffic to The Mirage Race & Sports Book.
- Create social engagement and interest in sports betting by allowing fans to conduct Q&A during Facebook Live sessions held during filming of show.
- Leverage the existing audience of the Gill Alexander's existing podcasts (young, males, 25-45, wealthy, tastemakers and sports fans) and play up the chemistry between Jay Rood and Gil Alexander through their existing official social media channels.
- Leverage NFL/College football season (22 weeks) by creating an entertaining segment (live to tape, two camera setup) deployed via Facebook.
- Include Facebook Live segments providing sneak peeks of upcoming episodes while incorporating fan responses/questions.
- Cross-supported the Sports Book at MGM Grand and MGM Resorts entertainment such as the models of FANTASY and Carrot Top
- Paid social ads for Facebook to target audiences. (video link ads and boosted posts)
- Target Millennial male-driven audience (traveling males ages 18-34)
- Sold out VIP sports book seating for the season!
- Incredible Reach of: 9,244,934
- Video Views: 2,118,412 Million
- Total engagements: 935,000
- Increase in page likes: 2.6% increase in Facebook followers over the NFL season
Video for Behind The Book Web Show