Unveil the new Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship trophy in a way that would:
- Excite avid and casual fans
- Balance the rich history of NASCAR and the unique audience of the new series sponsor, Monster Energy
- Transition fans from the prior championship trophy and build excitement for the new one
- Leverage a key social media channel in an appropriate, optimized way
The NASCAR Social Media team leveraged Instagram to anchor the unveil of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup, creating a content strategy that was:
- Bold, memorable and engaging for current and potential NASCAR fans
- Supportive of brand priorities both for NASCAR and Monster Energy
- A connection point for fans around not only around the trophy but also around a new partner (Monster Energy)
- A way to build excitement for the NASCAR Playoffs by rallying the industry and fans around the new symbol of stockcar racing supremacy
The Instagram unveil of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup included:
- Three teaser videos showcasing some of the best drivers in NASCAR seeing the cup for the first time. Teasers included authentic driver reactions to the cup without actually showing it to fans. These were pushed out in the days prior to the unveil to build hype.
- On launch day, 12 videos featuring a variety of custom content, including a highly produced hype video, driver reactions and cup facts were posted on Instagram in quick succession. Each individual piece of content stood alone, but also came together to create an Instagram Feed mosaic of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup, a fun Easter egg for fans.
- An Instagram Story provided exclusive, behind-the-scenes details, facts and renderings of the cup.
- Strong engagement on each piece of content including with key industry constituents (e.g. drivers, teams)
- In collaboration with Monster Energy, the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup sizzle video was simultaneously debuted on the brands' respective Instagram accounts, creating a unified execution