At CES 2017, HP announced the launch of their ultra-thin business convertible, the HP EliteBook x360. As part of the product's launch, we looked to deliver a social media campaign that would:
- Showcase the product's key features including its five product modes, high resolution 4K screen, extra-long battery life, conference-call capabilities, advanced presentation features, and extensive security features
- Highlight the product's functionality as a business convertible for consumers transitioning from business to personal use
Our objectives included:
- Creating buzz and excitement around the product announcement across HP owned and influencer social media channels
- Increase awareness of the product
- Drive consideration and purchase intent through clicks to the HP Store Page (for users to express interest via a registration page as the product was not yet on sale)
In the city that encompasses work and play in equal measure, Las Vegas provided the perfect backdrop to showcase a product designed to seamlessly shift from business to pleasure.
#WorkFromVegas is an activation designed to showcase that working from Vegas isn't about where you are, or where your office is, it is about blurring the lines between business and pleasure and positioning the HP EliteBook x360 as the perfect technology with which to do this.
Using each of the product's key features as a starting point, we onboarded Instagram and YouTube influencers across travel, lifestyle, architecture, and technology, and challenged them to capture working from Vegas like never before. With six of the product's features, we specified six individual briefs to showcase each of the key features, and tasked our influencers with capturing the briefs in the best and most unique way possible. The briefs included:
- Being 'Business-Ready' wherever you are: showcasing flexibility and the ability to adapt to any situation. Reflecting the product's five versatile modes and 360 degree angles.
- The Daily Commute: Your View, Anywhere. Focusing on the product's unique 4K screen quality so that wherever you are working, your screen quality is as good as your 'office' view.
- The Presentation: bringing a little magic to your meeting. In a city that brings the magic and the unexpected to every situation, the HP Elitebook's touchscreen features, Wacom pen and multi-touch screen allows users to bring a little Vegas magic to their presentations, wherever they are.
- Security: because in business, information is power. In Vegas, if it's not you, you're not getting in, and with the HP EliteBook x360, its advanced security features mean the same. With the latest infrared camera, biometric recognition, and fingerprint scanning, it's the most secure business convertible there is.
- The Conference Call: With B&O sound quality, dedicated conference keys, and HP Noise cancellation features, you can 'be in the room' from wherever you are.
- Day to night battery power: In a 24h city, your technology needs to be awake for as long as you are, charging to 50% full power in just 15 minutes.
Leading Instagrammers responded to their briefs across their own Instagram channels with supporting content on HP Europe channels to create buzz and drive awareness of the product launch. Instagram stories and posts drove to respective landing pages.
Global technology influencer, Unbox Therapy, unboxed the product against the backdrop of the infamous Bellagio Suite, showcasing the products specifications to drive awareness of the product's launch.
- 1.6M+ organic video views on Unbox Therapy channel
- #1 option video result for the words 'Laptop' 'Business Laptop' and 'Business Convertible' on YouTube
- 35k+ organic story views on @HP Europe's first ever Instagram story (of 52.6K followers due to traffic driven from influencer owned Instagram channels)
- 5.6M+ impressions of HP Europe Instagram content (of $6,000 paid media)
- 7.2M+ organic impressions on HP Facebook channels (DE, FR, UK)
- Drive buzz and engagement
- 250k engagements across influencer owned Instagram channels
- 96% positive reaction across the Unbox Therapy YouTube video
- Drive consideration and purchase intent
Video for HP EliteBook x360 Launch: Work From Vegas
- CTR from Unbox Therapy YouTube video (CTA in video description) of 5.9%
- 68,000 clicks to store including (8,200 'notify me' clicks, 3,150 sign ups and an average of 2 minute dwell time on the landing page)