In summer 2017, Pepsi turned up the heat with a new limited edition beverage. Pepsi Fire – the refreshing cola with a cinnamon flavored twist – was only available for eight weeks.
Objective: To rapidly drive Pepsi Fire awareness and revenue, Pepsi introduced a summer-long Snapchat campaign that leveraged social and mobile channels - rewarding fans with instant prizes including exclusive filters and games and larger grand prizes including Nintendo Switches and CONAN tickets.
CONAN has the youngest and most socially engaged audience in late night television. They were primed to respond to a social/mobile centric promotion. The Pepsi Fire Snapchat campaign encouraged fans to Get It While It's Hot, which CONAN brought to life as lead media and fan activation partner.
To unlock exclusive Pepsi content and experiences, Snapchatters pointed the Snapchat camera at the on-pack Snapcode and press/hold to scan. By unlocking the mobile game, consumers also entered a sweepstakes where 10 lucky winners per day took home big ticket items, including hard to find new gaming consoles, festival fly-away experiences and a chance to attend a taping of TBS's CONAN plus meet-and-greet.
An unprecedented content campaign across TV, digital and organic social integrations drove Snapchat campaign participation: 3 in-show integrations, 10 Snaps, 15 posts, 191 TV promos, and 4 massive days at Comic Con!
• 5/22 Week 1: kicked off with in-show integration, 3 custom Snaps, TV promos and social posts - featuring Conan's intern Eric embracing the Snapcode promotion as a life-altering quest.
• Weeks 2 – 4: social posts, custom Snaps and TV promos extended the campaign.
• 6/19 Week 5: Clueless Gamer segment with the NintendoSwitch which culminated with Conan encouraging fans to snap to win their own Switch courtesy of Pepsi. Snaps, social posts, and TV promotion continued.
• Week 6 – 7: social posts, Snaps, and TV promos.
• Week 8: in-show integration celebrating Pepsi bringing fans Summer Moments of Joy, promos, Snaps, posts, and Comic Con teasers.
• Week 9: live Comic Con shows with on-site activation and continued social posts.
Summer is one of the most anticipated times of the year, and Pepsi Fire is going to ignite this season with an unexpected and spicy twist to our classic cola taste. We know Pepsi fans love spending time on Snapchat, and this partnership offered them a chance to Snap their way to one of one-thousand gaming consoles, a trip to Lollapalooza or a CONAN show meet-and-greet.
Results: Intern Eric wasn't the big winner – Pepsi gained huge reach, engagement, and activation!
Massive demo Reach:
• +30MM fans across 9 weeks.
• Content integrations gained 47.9MM Impressions, including digital with 3.4MM Video Views.
• TV Promos reached 15MM with 41MM Impressions (A18-49).
• Increased Brand, Ad, and message recall across linear, beating category norms.
Engaging Content and social promotion:
• 8.6MM FB Impressions, 2MM FB Video Views, 7.4K Engagements.
• 91.3K engagements to branded content.
• Positive sentiment to FB (63%) and YouTube (81%) content.
• 2x more engagement on social (vs. content on Pepsi O&Os).
Snapchat and Comic Con activation:
• 171K Snapchat views
• Comic Con added 137K Twitter, FB/Snapchat videos 136K Views
• Comic Con booth and shows reached thousands per day.
• #Pepsi Twitter mentions increased 12X on day 1 of the #ConanConCampaign.
Fill out the form below and we'll work on connecting you to the entry creator!